Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Saddam (Original) - Second try

Duration: 04:59 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-04-04 09:50:11
User: raymondcrooke
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Tags:

folk  song  Iraq  war  Saddam  Hussein  hanging  Bush  

Description:

Well, you can't say I don't respond to criticism. Due to the negative comments I got on this song the first time I uploaded it, I will try again with this new version. Please let me know if it is any better than the original. Lyrics: ...Today they hanged this man, Saddam Hussein. ...Another life was lost. What did we gain? They found him at his hidden base. He was brought to the courtroom in disgrace, No chance that he could ever win his case. Will his death make the world a better place? Well, it might bring a smile to a Shiite's face, But wasn't he a member of the human race? One of the guards called out his name. "Remember Muqtada to your shame. You caused us so much suffering and pain. We knew you were the one to blame. Go to Hell, Saddam Hussein, And burn in everlasting flame!" Do you want to make a martyr of this man? Can you complete what you began? You walked with him and you shook his hand. You used him in your quarrel with Iran, But when he didn't fit neatly into your plan You sent out your soldiers to invade his land. What ever did you come here for? He was hiding weapons? Are you sure? You say that things were bad before. The time will come when you must withdraw And leave this land to its civil war. Yes, he spilt blood, but you've spilt more. This song is on my fourth CD: "PIGS MIGHT FLY and Other Politically Incorrect Ballads."

Comments

TharaJune ::: Favorites  2007-09-07 16:13:58

I really like the song ... On the one hand, I can understand the criticism of freakoutitsjb, but on the other hand, I know that you're trying to tell us ... and you're right! thx
__________________________________________________
raymondcrooke ::: Favorites  2007-04-13 09:12:26

Thanks for the comment. Are you talking about both versions of the song here? The original version has a consistent four-beat line whereas in this one I stretched out the 3rd and 6th lines to five beats. As for the number of syllables, I think it's just a matter of style. Think of songs like Dylan's "Who Killed Davey Moore?" I'd like to know what others think about this. And I do appreciate this kind of constructive criticism.
__________________________________________________
zple127 ::: Favorites  2007-04-06 12:50:23

hmmm- I prefer your 'pigs will fly'- this is not so great- am not commenting on your political message- but sometimes you seem to be sticking too many syllables in one line- doesn't have much rhythm to it if you know what I mean. Maybe you could work on that? Take care and keep it up!
__________________________________________________
raymondcrooke ::: Favorites  2007-04-04 20:29:14

It would have been worth it if it had saved the lives of any of these people, but he wasn't about to kill any more. I would rather see him languishing in prison for the rest of his life than risk turning him into a martyr. It's just my opinion. "Did his death make the world a better place?" is a rhetorical question, but I'm sure most people would give a resounding "Yes!"
__________________________________________________
freakoutitsjb ::: Favorites  2007-04-04 17:32:59

What did we gain? We took out a dictator who killed more than a million people, but I guess you don't think its worth it.
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

A Night on the Run
Naruto Mix AMV
dima 7na s7ab hta la mort
I throw my hat in.
Davut Işıklar


 

No comments: